Family

Family
Family

2.14.2011

Week 32 / NST 1

Today was the start of the once a week trips to visit the clinic.  I saw Dr. Hartung and everything looks great.  Blood pressure still 110/70, no swelling although I am measuring full term (for a singleton).  A pregnant belly is approximately 40 cm from top to bottom - 1 cm for every week pregnant.  With twins, a woman usually measures between 50-60 weeks at delivery.  Ouch - bring on the stretch marks I guess.

I also had the first non-stress test (NST) today.  This is where two external monitors are placed on my belly and the heart rates of each baby is charted for 20-30 minutes.  A third sensor measures any contractions that are present.  The HRs looked great - normal range and good accelerations and decelerations.  A few tiny contractions, but I couldn't feel a thing.  Week 32 also means, no United Hospital - YEA!!! 

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment