My four month maternity leave is over and I am headed back to work. I have been keeping up with the program and the structural adhesive I am developing, along with my email (be happy when the stow bins don't fall on you :-). So going back won't be too bad. No 10,000 emails to read or feeling like you are lost at your own job. I am really excited to go back. I really enjoy my work and coworkers and have missed my adult time over the last four months.
It does make it easier to go back because my mom is going to be watching Alex and Cate. She retired a year earlier than planned from St. Paul Public Schools in order be our nanny. We are fortunate that she is coming over to our house (in her new Prius!) so we do not have to get two babies out of bed, changed, fed and dressed. I spend the last couple of weeks writing up our schedule and the how to instructions (make big stock of formula, wash the diapers, etc.). She is even going to keep track of the babies' day on a spreadsheet I made. We are so so so happy that we can have the best of both worlds - both work full time but have our babies at home until they can be in the toddler room at a school.
Rachel
No comments:
Post a Comment