Family

Family
Family

12.18.2012

Car Talk

The 25 minute car ride to/from daycare usually goes ok.  I spend a lot of time turned around handing various items - books, CDs, 3M badges, etc. to Alex and Cate to keep them entertained.  Today Cate wasn't feeling the greatest - she is hanging on to a cold.  She had a "touchy" day and "wasn't herself today" at daycare - which is the teacher's nice way of saying she was crabby! and threw a lot of tantrums.  The entire way home I had to talk and ask Alex and Cate questions or she would immediately start fussing, loudly.

"What does a duck say?"
Answer: "Qwack" or "Cwack"
"What does a kitty say?"
Answer: "Wouwww" - always yelled
What does a puppy dog say?"
Answer: "Uoof"

I went through every animal I could think of  - twice.  Alex was very excited to play this game, Cate was kids of "Meh."  Then we started on words - Can you say Fill in the Blank?

"Can you say Google?"
Cate - in a small voice - "Google"

I guess she wanted something more challenging than animal sounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment